I feel like I don't know what to update everyone on. I was thinking how it had been awhile since I wrote anything. Life has slowed into what I guess most new parents do daily. I basically spend my days feeding Holden, then changing his diaper, and soothing him back to sleep. While he's sleeping I try to do a few chores, pay bills, call doctors and insurance companies. Then the luxuries of taking a nap and eating while he's sleeping. I repeat this every 2-4 hours. He really is a good baby- he sleeps well. Only getting up every 4-5 hours at night. He's relatively easily soothed from a crying fit. Bryan may need some convincing about this "easy baby." Bryan hasn't spent much time around babies before Holden. I know some babies can cry for hours on end and fuss at every little thing.
Here's some particiulars about Holden:
- he needs noise. After spending his first two weeks in the hospital, he needs constant noise. Thank goodness my wonderful husband did research and introduced me to white noise. Holden sleeps with this all the time. It's also a go-to when he's having a crying fit. I also downloaded a app onto my blackberry that plays white noise. We used it at the doctors office today. Pheeww!
- he prefers to be held vertical. Forget the cradle hold, Holden likes to be held facing you in a seated position and then bounced.
- Keep the poop off me! He likes his tushy to be cleaned often.
- Baths are great. He must like the warm water.
Today we had a visit with our peditrician, Dr. Froman. She is wonderful and she was very impressed with Holden! So I liked her even more. She listened to his heart, gave him a quick visual inspection, and then snuggled him for a few minutes. He weighed 8 lbs, 12 oz! So we are gaining weight. I feel like he and I are just now starting to get this breastfeeding thing down the past two days. It took us both some time to learn. But we are figuring each other out.
Ive been taking a picture of him daily with my phone- not the best quality, but it's convenient. I'll post them today. Bryan has set up a studio in our dining room. So as he gets more of those done, I'll put them up too.









I'm glad to hear you liked Dr. Froman! It looks like she is covered by our insurance, so we are going to try her as our pediatrician as well. :)
ReplyDelete