Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Juliet 2 Months

Juliet will be two months this week.  She's changed so much in, well, everything.
Here's the stats:
11 lbs
22 inches long
15 1/4 head circumference
skills- head extension in prone (tummy time) with head rotation, visual tracking, cooing, and smiles


Sleeping- Juliet started out sleeping 1-2 hours waking and nursing then returning to sleep.  We've used the SwaddleMe to keep her pesky hands from poking her in the face.  Night time was rough in the beginning.  She constantly seemed to be waking as I heard her talking.  I'd get up and nurse her.  It was happening so often that I sat proper up on the couch nursing her for 1/2 the night several nights in the beginning.  Come to find out, Juliet is just a loud sleeper.  She actually isn't waking to eat, or actually even waking at all.  She's just talking… while asleep.  After I finally figured it out, nights have been surprisingly well.  I now know the difference between night talking, ready to eat fussing, and grunting with body wiggling.  Therefore, Juliet has slept through the night twice.  Most nights she's just waking once to nurse and quickly returning to sleep.
I'm researching safe co-sleeping because I think I really would like to try it this time around.  My reasons are varied- I'm hoping for snuggling, I want to help my milk supply to stay high, and overall bonding.  If you have any suggestions regarding co-sleeping fill me in!

General stuff- Juliet spits up often, but usually she swallows it back down.  I can see her swallowing often and the generalized discomfort right after.  She also has had a "witching hour" each evening.  She typically cries, eats while thrashing her body, and refuses to sleep.  This goes on for about 2-3 hours between 9 and midnight.  I eliminated dairy for a month to see if that changed anything.  I reintroduced it last week.  She would shriek as if she was in pain.  Then thank heavens for MamaNatural, I found a great solution!  On MamaNatural's post she talked about her daughter's struggle with silent reflux and her homeopathic solution.  Here's the video she did on it:

http://mamanatural.com/week-8-postpartum/
At the conclusion of the video, I was on Amazon and it was in my cart!



Since starting it, Juliet has had far less spitting.  I also started her on a probiotic (at the suggestion of the Naturopath we visited with) and the witching hour immediately stopped.  Thank you Jesus!

Juliet is a very alert baby.  She's super interested in anything happening around her.  So much so, that she doesn't sleep more than 10 minutes when we are out.  She is far more interested in the activity.  I'm hoping that gets better.  As the second child, we are out a bit doing activities for Holden.  Poor second child :(

Nursing- I'm so much more confident in nursing in public this time around.  With Holden, I'd always wait to leave the house until right after feeding him.  I'm happy to use my Udder Cover and feed her anytime she needs it.  After all, "baby's hungry."
I totally look this glamorous when I use mine as well!

1 month left before I return to work.  I actually feel refreshed this time around.  Not that I want to return to work, I'd rather just stay home and snuggle babies all day.  But those babies need their college paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment